I call these cheese pancakes Weekend Cheese Pancakes, since weekend is the time when I actually manage to cook them. For understandable reasons, I cannot find time to prepare one of my favorite pancakes during the weekdays.
On Sunday mornings, I usually have online meetings with my clients. Then, I go for my run outdoors, and , afterwards, I like to treat myself with a delicious homemade meal. Cheese pancakes are one of the options.
The recipe requires a soft sweetened cheese. In Ukraine, it can be bought at mostly grocery markets. If your local stores don’t have this kind of cheese available there is a simple solution to substitute the required cheese with any other cheese that is soft and almost creamy by texture.
Weekend Cheese Pancakes
Serving size: 3 pancakes; Servings: about 5.
- 600g cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 100g sugar (if cheese is not sweetened)
- 3 eggs
- 200g flour (more flour is needed for rolling the pancakes in)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Oil for cooking
- Greek yogurt, berries and honey to garnish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, raisins, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, put the flour for rolling the pancakes in.
- Heat a skillet and add the oil to it.
- Roll formed pancakes in the flour, before placing them in skillet.
- Cook the pancakes on both sides until they turn golden brown.
- Garnish the pancakes with the yogurt, berries and honey, before serving.
I hope you like the recipe. Feel free to share your thoughts.