Waffles is always a good idea, according to Donkey from Shrek movie. I cannot agree more.
When looking for a recipe, mostly of us are trying to find the one that is not too complicated in regards to ingredients or too much time consuming.
Prioritizing the healthy options, sometimes, it might be hard to find a good balance between taste and quality.
Here, is the recipe for the waffles that are both, healthy and yummy.
Cocoa Oat Waffles
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat milk
- 1/3 cup flax seeds oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, cacao and chia seeds; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
3. Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
A special extra-yummy touch: add the nut butter, berries and honey on top of the waffles, before serving.